Monday 22 December 2014

Danish traditions- (Blogmas day 23)

Hannah here!
As I am half Danish I am celebrating Christmas in Denmark this year. I thought for today's blogmas post I would just give you a brief insight into my Danish Christmas! 
In Denmark Christmas is celebrated on the 24th of December in the evening. This means that I get to open my presents about 12 hours before you! We also have our Christmas meal in the evening at around 7 o'clock, Danes traditionally eat roast duck rather than Turkey. However the main reason that I love a Danish Christmas as much as I do is because of the strong likelihood of snow! A white Christmas and being with all my family is what makes a Danish Christmas so festive. 
I hope you all have a merry Christmas, wherever you are this winter! I would love to know if you have any traditions! -H xox

No comments:

Post a Comment